Friday, January 23, 2015

AWE IS THE MOST REASONABLE RESPONSE:





If I am ever given a car, I want a new one. The old ones are too costly to maintain – servicing, replacing parts…

I’m glad that my body is unlike a car. I haven’t had to replace any body parts yet. So far, they are able to repair themselves, but how?

Each cut, blow, virus, and illness has been repulsed or fixed. Meanwhile, the car cannot repair its tires, brakes, or windshield wipers. Instead, they must be replaced and the oil changed. It is almost unthinkable that a car could be designed that would repair itself and straighten its fenders. However, this is essentially what my body has done and in every way, for many decades.

Nor can the car produce little-ones; nor are there any designs for a car to do so. However, my body can do all of these things.

It is one thing for evolution to offer an explanation for life, but it is another thing for it to  claims that it can also explain how life repairs and propagates itself, without anyone laughing.  

Why then does the evolutionist cling so tenaciously to a natural explanation? As one carpenter explained, “If you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” For the evolutionist, life is nothing more than a nail, and evolution, a dumb hammer. Instead of banging his nail, he should lay aside his hammer in awed silence.

No comments: